Outline

History
Year Month Content
1865 Oct.. Bunseki Kyurijyo (educational institution to teach basic science including physics and chemistry) was established
1890 June The Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established in the Fifth Higher Middle School, Department of Medicine. (Origin of today's School of Pharmaceutical Sciences)
1894 Sep.
The Fifth Higher Middle School, Department of Medicine and its Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences were renamed the Fifth Higher School, Department of Medicine and its Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, respectively.
1901 Mar. The Fifth Higher School, Department of Medicine became independent from the Fifth Higher School and established Nagasaki Specialized School of Medicine as well as its Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1923 April Nagasaki Specialized School of Medicine was promoted to Nagasaki Medical College by the National Medical College System and established its Specialized School of Medicine and Specialized School of Pharmaceutics.
1945 Aug. The atomic bomb was dropped in Nagasaki City. A total of 979 teachers and students were victimized: 897 from Nagasaki Medical College (including Specialized School of Medicine and Specialized School of Pharmaceutics), 54 from Nagasaki Normal School, 27 from Nagasaki Higher Commercial School, and one from NagasakiYouth Normal School.
1949 May Under the National School Establishment Law, Nagasaki University merged with Nagasaki Medical College, Nagasaki Medical College Specialized School of Pharmaceutics, and etc., to create a new University as School of Medicine, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.
1951 Mar. Nagasaki Medical College Specialized School of Pharmaceutics was discontinued.
1956 April The Advanced Course was established in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1965 Mar. The Advanced Course in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was discontinued.
  April Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established.
1967 April The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was established in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1971 April The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was established in the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1972 May Nomo Medicinal Plant Garden of School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established in Nomo.
1976 Mar Nomo Medicinal Plant Garden of School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established in Shimabara.
1986 April

The Departments of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry of the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences were restructured to establish the Department of Medical Pharmacy (Master's and Doctoral courses).

The Departments of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry of the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences were restructured to establish the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1986 June Center for Measurement Analysis was established.
1998 April Center for Instrumental Analysis was established. (Center for Measurement Analysis was discontinued.)
1999 April The Department of Clinical Pharmacy was established in the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
2002 April Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences was established.
2006 April The Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was reorganized into Pharmacy (six-year program) and Pharmaceutical Sciences (four-year program).
2010 Feb. Shimomura Novel Laureate Memorial Center for Drug Discovery was established.
2012 April Master and Doctoral courses of Pharmaceutical Sciences were established in the Graduated School of Biomedical Sciences.